Thursday 29 August 2013

Confessions of a Youtube addict: Top 5 beauty videos to watch.

Hellow Makeup Lovers.
I want to share with you some of my favorite tutorials from the most amazing beauty gurus on Youtube. Watching these videos should be like a sweet crash course in beauty and makeup for those of you who feel like they know nothing at all. 

During my formative years at college, I just found myself not being interested in watching anything on Television or the movies. Thus began, a major addiction to Youtube. I spent most of my time watching these lovely girls. Little did I know that I would be so inspired by them that I would make it a career choice. 

First up is Jessica Harlow. If you are looking for a really quick, quirky and entertaining way to getting a hang of makeup, hair and fashion, she is your girl. 


The effortless bombshell makeup in this video is exactly the type of makeup boys like. Its what makes you look fresh and just naturally gorgeous. Wear it on a first date, a job interview or for a casual day out, its totally a win-win. 

Looking for easy hairstyling solutions? Try watching Leyla & Mimi on their Channel LuxyHair.



I picked this video because a lot girls would love a 101 on how to blow dry their hair straight to look shiny and silky without going to the salon.

I always turn to the Pixiwoo sisters when I am looking to watch hardcore makeup. Be it celebrity/period looks, or an in-depth way of doing the tiniest things. I could spend hours watching Nicola Haste and Samantha Chapman. Love everything right from their brush strokes using their very own Real Techniques to the London accent.
Make no mistake! This channel is only for you if you are a complete makeup junkie. These girls mean business.



Watch this to find a step-by-step tutorial on how to get the perfect eyebrow look using pencils, powders or brow gels.

The most poised and proper lady you'll ever see is Lisa Eldridge. I often refer to her as the 'Chanel Lady' because that's how I discovered her - on the Chanel website doing tutorials with their products. I've been following her career as a makeup artist and it is so inspiring to see all the great work she has done on celebrities, fashion shows and on Youtube. 

Watch how she uses one high end lip color to wear it in 4-5 different ways in order to get the most out of the product. 

Undoubtedly, the most popular Youtube beauty guru - Michelle Phan. I don't have enough words to appreciate the effort she puts into her videos to make the content so awesome and entertaining.


Check out how she goes about creating her look specifically for a picture day. Everything, right from concealers/correctors to the necklines you should wear. This has to be my favorite video on her channel ! 

I have a ton of other favorites but I am just going to stick with these five for now.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Have a lovely one!

Xx. Tejasvini. 



1 comment:

  1. LuxyHair gives some real cool and fun tips! will check others mentioned by you soon:)

    ReplyDelete