Wednesday 18 September 2013

How I mend my broken makeup - Video



Hello Beauties. 

I have been fairly clumsy and have managed to shatter quite a few of my eyeshadows and face colors lately. 
Posted above is a small Instagram video of how I fixed my broken eyeshadows. 
Its fairly simple ! You just need Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol which is easily available at your local drugstore. I got mine for 50 buks.

I added a generous amount of the alcohol to the shadow to make it a paste-like consistency and smoothened the top of it with a flat spatula. After which I just left the shadows under the fan and waited for the alcohol to evaporate which dint take long at all. Don't worry about the alcohol that got into the shadows. This is the same stuff Doctors and Nurses use to disinfect the syringe and the patient's skin before injecting. MAC also uses isopropyl alcohol to clean up the bullet of a lipstick before anyone can test it. So I am pretty sure that isopropyl alcohol does not do anything bad to your makeup. All that it does is disinfect it and then evaporates.

You could finally use a sponge or a brush to smoothen out the top layer of your repaired makeup to make it look like nothing ever happened at all ! 

Hope this helps you to restore some of your beloved but broken makeup. 

Good luck !

Xx. Tejasvini. 

Catch all my latest fun with Makeup on Instagram @tejasvinichander.

1 comment:

  1. wow didn't know about this solution before! thank you for the info!

    ReplyDelete